The Rays have not lost a bunch of games in a row. Before yesterday, their longest losing streak was 4 games. The Rays have now lost their 5th straight game.
In the business, we call that a whole bunch of poop. However, this year the Rays have avoided big time slumps well, and even in this losing streak they were highly competitive until very late in the game. Super shiny silver linings!
- Blake Snell spoke about worked and what he can take away from this very impressive 7 inning start.
- Wilson Ramos had a scary moment last night, after he left the game with a head laceration.
#Rays Wilson Ramos suffered a laceration on his head and received six staples to close it. He will continue to be evaluated.— Neil Solondz (@neilsolondz) July 25, 2017
- Carson Cistulli’s Fringe Five Prospects at Fangraphs this week has yet another Rays prospect. This time, RHP Yonny Chirinos gets his share of the fringey spotlight.
- Marc Topkin caught up with new Rays reliever (who had a very Rays reliever type debut) Sergio Romo before the game yesterday.
- The Royals and Padres made a trade, and I am legitimately jealous of every single player the Royals got.
- There’s a neat article at the Hardball Times (let’s be honest, there’s always a neat article at the Hardball Times) from Ryan Pollack who used Evan Longoria’s Players Tribune article to springboard into a question about what effect mixing speeds of a single pitch can have on a hitter.