- Let’s celebrate the Rays scoring six runs with the good news that Kevin Kiermaier may be returning this weekend. Given how poorly Mallex Smith has hit in the second half (36 wRC+), KK’s return could be huge for the playoff push.
- Oh by the way, have we mentioned that the Rays won last night:
- Ok, let’s take a cold shower. Here’s an article from Dave Cameron regarding the Orioles fleecing us for He Who Must Not Be Named (But Shall Forever Be Missed).
- Back to good news. It appears as though the Yankees formidable bullpen may have a crack or two in its foundation.
- Evan Longoria is (rightfully) excited for Player’s Weekend and had a great - and surprisingly kind of deep - quote about his excitement for the specialty uniforms that will sport the players’ self-selected nicknames, telling MLB.com:
"I think it's a good thing. I expressed that to the Players Association in some of the meetings we had. This game is pretty archaic the way it's played and the way it's viewed. It's America's Pastime, and it's steeped in a lot of history. I think a lot of the wear and the dress code was founded around that belief, and we were really behind [the weekend] in terms of guys expressing themselves on the field with what they wear."
- Hey J-Lo, why don’t you come have a sit down with Corey Dickerson? (Or Hech? Or Longo?)
- Anyone else kind of want Giancarlo Stanton to reach 62 home runs this season just to see all the debate over whether he is the #TrueHomeRunKing?
- Finally, if you are smart, you will enjoy Rachel Heacock’s Asset Pricing Theory article over at The Hardball Times. If you are me, you will nod your head a bunch, be impressed with the writing and graphs, and have it all go a bit over your head.