- The total solar eclipse passed over the United States yesterday, including Rays Class-A affiliate Bowling Green. The Hot Rods hosted a viewing party after the game, and it gave us this neat timelapse:
- In that game at Bowling Green, Garrett Whitley made a tremendous diving catch:
- I love me some Honeywell and I really love Honeywell’s twitter troll game:
- Bill Chastain’s inbox column this week has him answering questions about Kevin Kiermaier’s return to the team, the Bex trade, and which prospects are coming up in 2018.
- Roger Mooney gives some much deserved credit and props to Blake Snell.
- Mary Craig at Beyond the Box Score has a thought provoking article on the role of major league baseball in the political landscape.
- Our own (although shared) Ashley MacLennan continues her guest residency at Fangraphs, this time taking a look at the ever spotlight stealing role of the major league umpire (and whether we should actually treat these humans like human beings).