Yesterday afternoon, the Tampa Bay Rays defeated the St Louis Cardinals in extra innings thanks to two home runs from Logan Morrison and a solo shot from Brad Miller. Chris Archer worked sevens strong innings as well.
Dan Jennings surrendered a late home run to tie things up in the eighth, but the Rays bullpen was flawless following the homer. Logan Morrison’s 2nd HR came in the 10th and Alex Colome worked a scoreless bottom half to lock down his 39th save of the season.
The Rays are now 65-67 on the season, just three games back of the second Wild Card spot with five teams ahead of them in the race, including their opponents tonight, the Kansas City Royals, who are 64-65 and have lost 4 straight.
- Tidbit from the Rays series with the Cardinals. In franchise history, they’ve lost just three games in St Louis, all three losses have been in walkoff fashion.
- Houston and its surrounding areas are under water after Hurricane Harvey and are in need of assistance, here’s how you can help
- The latest rookie to immediately rampage major league pitching has arrived as Rhys Hoskins is pummeling opposing pitchers. He has 11 HR in 18 career games, oh and he also started a triple play. They’re a bit obsessed about him over at The Good Phight
- Giancarlo Stanton has been on a tear recently and is now at 50 HR, also the Marlins have been one of the best teams in the majors as of late and are in the thick of the playoff race.
- Team Japan has won the Little League World Series