Yesterday afternoon, Chris Archer was clearly off his game as he was taken out of the game during the fourth inning, but not before he allowed six runs — five earned — to the Baltimore Orioles.
The Rays bullpen would allow three more runs over the course of the game to put the O’s run total up to nine. Meanwhile on the Rays offensive side of things, Kevin Kiermaier kicked the game off with his 15th home run of the year and Jesus Sucre blasted a two run shot during a three run second, but that’d be all the scoring for the Rays as they fell, 9-4.
The next Rays loss or Minnesota Twins victory, officially eliminates the Rays from post season contention.
- The Rays held their annual rookie dress-up following the game yesterday as they dressed the team’s rookies in the highly coveted DJ Kitty onesies
- Matt Duffy will be playing today in one of the Rays instructional league games
- Kneeling in protest during the National Anthem has spread into MLB, Chris Archer gives his take on the situation
- Brandon Crawford tried to bunt against Clayton Kershaw...it didn’t quite work out
- The Detroit Tigers will be under new management in 2018 as the team announced Brad Ausmus will not be returning next season