- With Hurricane Irma on its destructive path towards Florida, the NFL has postponed the Dolphins opening season game against the Bucs, and now the MLB has their own decisions and logistics to deal with. It’s looking like we won’t know until Saturday what the MLB decides to do with the Rays/Yankees series next week.
- Alex Cobb is awfully suspicious of the Red Sox and their dirty, cheating ways (*allegedly*).
- In the Minor League Playoffs, the Rays affiliates picked up two big wins:
Ian Gibaut closes out a 2-inning save and the Biscuits WIN Game 2, 3-2, to tie the series at 1 apiece! See you in Montgomery for Game 3!— Montgomery Biscuits (@BiscuitBaseball) September 8, 2017
BULL CITY VICTORY! The Bulls take Game Two by a 2-0 score, and now lead the Best-of-Five series 2-0! #BULLieve— Durham Bulls (@DurhamBulls) September 8, 2017
- Well, at least the O’s have it worse, I guess.
- Baseball players being whiny is often lame but usually quite hilarious.
- Cleveland’s win streak means Clevelanders are getting some free windows!
- At Beyond the Box Score, FIPmyWHIP (fantastic username by the way) writes about the very real, very glaring red flags of the Boston Red Sox.
- Travis Sawchik is a great writer, and this is a real interesting piece looking at fans and team front office relationships (in this case the Pittsburgh Pirates).