Before the arrival of spring training, comes the arrival of numerous top prospect rankings. MLB Pipeline has already been busy, pumping out the top prospects by position, with a couple of Rays making the cut, which we’ve already covered.
However, today is the most highly anticipated list gets dropped as Baseball America will announce their top 100 prospects in the game.
The Rays are likely to be featured prominently among the top 100, as they feature one of the strongest farm system in baseball as of now.
For a refresher, here is Baseball America’s top 100 from their mid-season update this past year, in which the Rays landed five players.
- Keith Law started to unveil his top 100 prospects, as he published his top 51-100 without any Rays making it onto that list
- The ‘Thumbs Down’ guy finally got around to meeting Todd Frazier, the player who hit the home run that led to this.
- Steve Kinsella continues his series tracking the Rays rebuild, with the 2015 season as the Rays were riddled with injuries but still put up a solid season regardless
- MLB Pipeline moved on to second base in their prospect rankings, Brandon Lowe came in at 9th overall
- MLB Network counted down their top 50 batflips of all time
- Things are going on in Brewers land as Milwaukee has submitted an offer to Yu Darvish, and also Jerry Crasnick reported the club was on the verge of completing a trade