- Bill Chastain has a nice write up on Chris Archer’s central role in being a leader, on and off the field, for the Rays youth movement.
- Speaking of Archer, the Rays Twitter posted some photos of Rays pitchers at the Trop, tagging Jose De Leon, Archer, and Odorizzi. However, one
- of those pitchers photographed did not get a tag:
Y’all for real didnt tag me in this? Lol— Brent Honeywell (@brent_honeywell) January 30, 2018
- The Rays are 5th in Baseball America’s Organizational Talent Rankings (highest since 2013 -4th, and +6 from 2017-11th)
- More actual Hot Stove happenings! A’s traded former Rays prospects RHP Jesse Hahn and minor-league RHP Heath Fillmyer to the Royals, in exchange for LHP Ryan Buchter and 1B/DH Brandon Moss.
- The 2018 season will be the last for Chief Wahoo, the super duper racist caricature logo of the Cleveland Indians.
- Travis Sawchik at Fangraphs notes an interesting article on what happens when the concept of “there is no offseason” has an offseason.
- Grant Brisbee wonders which of the last place teams will make the postseason in 2018 (to extend the streak to 7 years in a row).
- Meg Rowley takes us on the journey down the unique baseball hell that is mound visits.