This past weekend, there was actually some movement in the baseball off-season, but none of it involved the Tampa Bay Rays.
MLB.com decided to take this time to see how each team currently stacks up and built lineups for every team in the MLB.
LINEUP IF SEASON STARTED TODAY
Kevin Kiermaier, CF
Denard Span, LF
Matt Duffy, 3B
Corey Dickerson, DH
Steven Souza Jr., RF
Brad Miller, 1B
Daniel Robertson, 2B
Wilson Ramos, C
Adeiny Hechavarria, SS
The article by Bill Chastain looks at the question marks still facing the Rays roster and who may stay and who could go before Opening Day arrives on March 28th.
- The San Diego Padres were active as they traded INF Yangervis Solarte to the Toronto Blue Jays for a couple of prospects
- In addition to that trade, the Padres also signed Japanese reliever, Kazuhisa Makita to a two year deal
- The Minnesota Twins, who have been linked to Rays RHP Jake Odorizzi this winter, have inquired on RHP Chris Tillman
- Former Rays pitcher, Preston Guilmet, has signed with the St. Louis Cardinals
- The Chicago Cubs reportedly made a three year offer to Alex Cobb, that he declined. The offer would have been under the Qualifying Offer mark, meaning the Cubs would face no penalties
- Daniel Bard’s 5 year comeback attempt is over as he announced his retirement
- Steve Kinsella looks back on when the Rays actually began their rebuild, with the completion of the David Price trade in July, 2014
- The Boston Red Sox and Los Angeles Dodgers were discussing a trade that would have swapped outfielders Jackie Bradley Jr and Yasiel Puig, but the Red Sox nixed the deal