- The Rays made news yesterday as they announced they have extended Kevin Cash’s contract through the 2024 season, with an option for the 2025 campaign.
- Tom Jones wrote about what the contract extension means for the Rays and Marc Topkin wrote about why it was such a big deal for the organization
- Bill Chastain answers questions about Blake Snell’s Cy Young chances and shows some sass while answering a question about the Rays getting a power hitting third baseman
- MLB Trade Rumors released their annual arbitration estimates. Six Rays are eligible for arbitration this off-season, it will be interesting to see how the Rays choose to proceed.
- The Arizona Fall League commenced yesterday. Lucius Fox had a solid debut performance, collecting a pair of hits and a pair of stolen bases
Around the League
- FanGraphs writes that the Los Angeles Dodgers might be in real, actual legal trouble
- The Boston Red Sox defeated the New York Yankees last night, but not before an intense final inning of play that almost saw the Yankees erase a 3 run deficit, only to leave the tying run in scoring position
- Several Indians players feel the Astros were better prepared for their series. The Astros swept Cleveland in three games.
- Acquiring Nate Eovaldi at the trade deadline was an incredible move for the Red Sox
- The League Championship Series begin on Friday with the Los Angeles Dodgers taking on the Milwaukee Brewers. The Red Sox and Astros will play game one on Saturday.