- Tommy Rancel at The Athletic breaks down the Arb eligible Rays, who is in and who is out and who is on the bubble of getting tendered an offer.
- MLB Pipeline named their prospects of the year for each team, and one 1B and another 1B who also happens to pitch really, really well, made the list for the Rays.
- Lucius Fox homered yesterday, as part of a trio of Rays represented in the AFL.
Around the League:
- The League Championship Series are about to begin, and I think we all know which team Rays fans aren't rooting for. Grant Brisbee has his very detailed and super scientific breakdown for his rankings of the potential World Series matchups.
- The St Louis Cardinals have re-signed Adam Wainwright to a 1 year deal.
- The Marlins are positioned extremely well to compete with the O’s now for the Mesa Brothers. However, the Rays are not too far behind at 3rd in international money.
- The GM hot stove has clearly been ignited, as we have more rumblings this time over in San Francisco. Rosenthal reports the Giants have inquired but were denied permission to interview Brewers GM David Stearns for their President of Baseball Ops job.
- Another name in the mix to interview for the Giants open GM job is senior vice president for baseball operations at MLB Kim Ng.
- Alex Cora still trusts David Price, and he has some good reasons. Price is tabbed to start Game 2 of the ALCS.
- After an embarrassingly bad baseball take got ratio’d straight to hell, MLB Pipeline got in on the fun with their highlight of yet another Vlad Jr highlight.
- The LA Dodgers seem to be unable to avoid troubling headlines. After reports of knowledge and spreadsheets categorizing illegal activity in their international scouting department. Now comes a report from the Daily Beast of internal knowledge and keeping quiet a report of a sexual assault claim on one of their minor leaguers.
- A fantastic and fascinating read from Britni de la Cretaz at The Ringer, on the past, present, and future of women in broadcasting.
What happens when there’s no baseball:
- One of our new friends, Mike Pendleton, who covers the Tampa Bay Rowdies, has introduced me to something I will certainly steal at some point for a Rays baseball version...