- Rocco Baldelli (and former Rays legend Sam Fuld) both made “strong impressions” with the Blue Jays. Sportsnet in Canada is reporting Baldelli is among their final 5 candidates for the position.
- The Sporting News selected their Managers of the Year: with A’s Bob Melvin winning for the AL. In the NL, Sporting News selected Brewers Craig Counsell and Braves Brian Snitker as co-managers of the year. Kevin Cash finished 3rd in their voting.
- Sporting News also conducted a poll of MLB players on who they would vote for AL Rookie of the Year. The players selected, rather overwhelmingly, Miguel Andujar over Shohei Ohtani (who finished 2nd) and Rays own Joey Wendle (a respectable 3rd). Jake Bauers and Willy Adames also received votes.
- The MLB Players Association’s Comeback Player of the Year nominees were announced, and a shocking, ridiculous omission is former Ray current Braves pitcher, and only member of the 3 and a half time Tommy John Surgery club, Jonny Venters. Another big omission is another former Rays pitcher, and ALCS Game 3 starter Nathan Eovaldi. Weird list ya got there MLBPA!
- Rays are sending 4 full cargo trucks of donated supplies to help with Hurricane Michael recovery.
- There’s a new Sheriff in town. Hat tip to ChrisAdragna linking this neat story on the newest member of the Rays organization.
- Rays Colored Glasses are back in action.
Around the League:
- The Red Sox got a strong performance by Nathan Eovaldi, and a momentum wreckingball of a Grand Slam from Jackie Bradley Jr off of Roberto Osuna, and are now up 2-1 in the ALCS.
- Speaking of the Astros, Jeff Passan has a report that is developing on potential Spygate-esque controversy involving sign and information stealing allegations.
- Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim of (Blank)? The Angels have opted out of their current stadium lease, which begs the question: do they stay or go (and where?).
- A national tragedy as the Marlins bold and exciting (some would call garish monstrosity) home run sculpture is being removed (and placed outside).