- Rays Radio wrote about how several members of the coaching staff are in the running for managerial positions elsewhere.
- From his Q&A, it doesn’t seem like Bill Chastain thinks the Rays will sign a catcher.
- In cased you missed it, the Rays signed Ryan Sherriff.
- The Rays held a hurricane relief drive, and then trucked the supplies up to the panhandle.
- If you’re looking for a way to help the folks recovering from Hurricane Michael, GlobalGiving is a good place to start. It’s an organization that funnels money to local charities, best positioned to make an impact.
- It’s Arizona Fall League time!
Two #Rays prospects played yesterday in the Arizona Fall League:— Neil Solondz (@neilsolondz) October 18, 2018
Joe McCarthy, 0-2, 3BB, R
Brandon Lawson, 1.2 IP, 1ER, 2H, 2BB, 3K
The three #Rays position players in the Arizona Fall League are off to solid starts with Peoria:— Neil Solondz (@neilsolondz) October 17, 2018
Lucius Fox 9-22, HR 4 RBI, 5 SB 1.064 OPS
Ryan Boldt - 4-11, RBI
Joe McCarthy - 3-11 2 RBI
Among the pitchers
Dalton Moats, 3.1 IP, 1H, 5K, 2 APP
- Ken Rosenthal wrote about the Brewers lifting Wade Miley after one hitter.
- Wang Po-Jung will be the first player posted out of the Chinese Professional Baseball League, the top league in Taiwan.
- The Red Sox won a game five that included a controversial fan interference call.
- Luis Torres asked why Eduardo Nunez is getting playing time?
- Jose Reyes is in the running for an off-the-field award, and that’s ridiculous.
- A close reading of Manny Machado’s on-field being-a-heel.