- Rocco Baldelli’s busy offseason continues as he has now had a second interview with the Minnesota Twins. He is now among the finalists to become their new manager.
- Charlie Montoyo has also been busy, interviewing now with the Toronto Blue Jays
- We noted last week that Chaim Bloom interviewed with the New York Mets for their GM position, he is among the finalists to fill that spot.
- Rays Colored Glasses continued their countdown of the best pitching seasons in franchise history
- Baseball America unleashed the Rays top 10 prospects, with Wander Franco rating as the highest. Following the publishing, JJ Cooper did a Q&A on the team’s system.
On Wander Franco
As a power hitter, the projections are that he’s a tick below those guys, but then he’s 17 so we’re relying on projecting his strength development over the next 4-5 years which means he has more potential to exceed his current projections than someone like Eloy Jimenez who is already fully filled out. Franco could be better than any of them overall, which is a very, very lofty ceiling. Imagine a Vladimir Guerrero Jr. bat but with a chance to play an adequate shortstop or a plus second base.
Around the League
- The Boston Red Sox took game one of the World Series. Game two will be played tonight.
- So now that the Marlins have signed international prospect, Victor Victor Mesa, is he their number one prospect?
- Bleed Cubbies Blue writes that it would be a mistake for the Cubs to not stick with Joe Maddon as their manager