Before people go start trying to classify this as a win for the old-time baseball over the newfangled, bullpen strategy nerds, check the box score.
I wonder when the last time before tonight a starter in NYY got a standing ovation for 4 plus innings of work and nearly 90 pitches.— Neil Solondz (@neilsolondz) October 4, 2018
- Bill Chastain gave a good and reasonable rundown of what this offseason will look like for the Rays.
- Rays Radiio gave their view as well, in two parts.
- The Ray Tank Blog dumped all of their season curiosity stats on us. Kind of like when you’re about to move, and you have friends over for a weird dinner to clean out all the condiments in the fridge.
- Jonathan Mayo highlighted the biggest movers on the MLB Pipeline prospect list, with two Rays in the mix. Wander Franco was the biggest riser, up to 14, while Shane Baz dropped out of the top 100.
- The Rays have been here before. Have success, and people will come pick at your coaching staff. Both Rocco Baldelli and Matt Quartaro are names in the mix for the vacant Blue Jays managerial job, as is former-Rays hitting coach Derek Shelton.
- Eno Sarris wrote about which bullpens are most worn out. Interestingly, and contrasting to what you might think, the Rays are not on the top list.
- For Hispanic Heritage Month, Willy Adames introduces us to his friend, El Acento.
- Addison Russell will be suspended 40 games for domestic abuse.
- Katie Strang wrote about Melisa Reidy, Russell’s ex-wife, and her experience of the MLB investigation
- Joe Frisario writes that the Marlins will try to extend JT Realmuto. I’m not sure if this is real, or if it’s a ploy to raise their leverage while looking for trades. It matters for the Rays, though, as “good right-handed catcher” is one of the things they’re potentially in the market for this offseason.
- Jason Hanelman gave us his final team and player rankings for the season.