Last night, the BBWAA did the right thing and selected Shohei Ohtani as the American League Rookie of the Year award winner, beating out Miguel Andujar and Gleyber Torres of the New York Yankees. Joey Wendle finished fourth in the voting.
On the National League side of things, Ronald Acuna of the Atlanta Braves was named their Rookie of the Year.
Tonight, the AL and NL Manager of the Year winners will be announced. Kevin Cash is among the three finalists on the AL side, along with Bob Melvin of the Oakland Athletics and Alex Cora of the Boston Red Sox.
- Juan Toribio of The Athletics ($) took a detailed look at Jose Alvarado’s path to the majors and the large hurdles he had to overcome
- Austin Reimann of Rays Colored Glasses writes that the Rays should look to acquire Jon Gray from the Colorado Rockies
- Neil Solondz of Rays Radio, looks at who the Rays might want to add to the 40-man roster. The deadline for teams do so in just a week away
- For your viewing pleasure
Wander Franco barreling one up pic.twitter.com/0l9wPvQCV3— Adam Sanford (@Adam_A_Sanford) November 13, 2018
Around the League
- Some controversy in the northwest, as Lorena Martin, the former director of high performance for the Seattle Mariners, is accusing the team of racism and poor leadership
- The wildfires in California has claimed the home of former Ray, and current Phillies Manager, Gabe Kapler
- The Philadelphia Phillies are shopping Carlos Santana, in order to move Rhys Hopkins to first base
- Joe Mauer is officially retired, following a press conference held yesterday afternoon