Last night, the American and National League Manager of the Year award winners were named with Brian Snitker of the Atlanta Braves taking home the NL award and Bob Melvin of the Oakland Athletics being given the AL prize. Kevin Cash finished in third among the AL finalists.
The award week continues tonight with the Cy Young award winners being announced. Blake Snell, along with Corey Kluber and Justin Verlander are the three finalists for the American League Cy Young. Jacob DeGrom, Aaron Nola, and Max Scherzer make up the National League side.
- Rays Colored Glasses - Austin Reimann: The FanSided offseason simulation will begin today with Austin Reimann taking the reigns as the Rays fake GM
- Tampa Bay Times - Christopher O’Donnell: The deadline for the Rays stadium deal is quickly approaching with a lot of work remaining to be done
- MLB.com - Bill Ladson: Despite not winning the award, Kevin Cash had an award worthy season at the helm of the Rays
- MLB.com - Joe Trezza: Blake Snell can add award for pitching excellence to his trophy case as he has been named the recipient of the Warren Spahn award, given to the the best left-handed pitcher in baseball
- MLB.com - Jake Trybulski: The Arizona Fall League rages on with Lucius Fox and Ronaldo Hernandez having excellent days offensively, racking up three hits apiece
- The Athletic ($) - Juan Toribio: Shared this yesterday, but worth sharing again. Exploring Jose Alvarado’s turbulent path to the big leagues
- The Opener will be back
- Reminder that Tommy Pham was amazing for the Rays
Tommy Pham hit 5 2B, 6 3B and 5 HR in September, becoming the first AL player with at least 5 XBH of each type in any calendar month since Chicago's Harold Baines in August 1984.— Dave Haller (@HallerDave) November 13, 2018
- The Rays are reportedly signing LHP Ryan Merritt to a minor league deal
- Congrats to the Kiermaier family on the new addition to their clan
Ladies n gentelmen i introduce you to the next lil outlaw Karter James Kiermaier!! Born yesterday November 12 weighing 9 lbs 13 oz! Measuring 21 inches! What a stud! pic.twitter.com/7yhmWRvBdi— Kevin Kiermaier (@KKiermaier39) November 13, 2018
Around the League
- Halos Heaven - Brent Maguire: Breaking down Shohei Ohtani’s astonishing rookie award winning season
- MLB Daily Dish - Patrick Karracker: Evaluating the potential trade destinations for James Paxton
- Cut4 - Adrian Garro: Athletics pitcher, Daniel Mengden helped saved some puppies from a storm drain in Houston
- Fish Stripes - Ely Sussman, Daniel_MartinezFS, and Josean Santos: Exploring the major changes coming to Marlins Park in 2019...and the obstacles still facing the team.