For a long time, DRaysBay has been dedicated to the in-depth analysis of the statistical side and ins and outs of the Major League Baseball professional franchise: the Tampa Bay Rays.
Well, as of today, November the nineteenth, year of our lord two thousand and eighteen, we have some very important news: DRaysBay is now a Jacob and Jessica Faria gossip blog.
The loving couple got married over the weekend, and I haven’t had nearly this much FOMO since, well, ever.
First, we got a look at the sharp-looking groomsmen:
Thankful for friends who have turned into family. The boys cleaned up nice pic.twitter.com/Ja7A2JlD9d— Jacob Faria (@JDFaria34) November 18, 2018
Then it was the official ceremony:
And finally, like any good wedding night, it involved some In-N-Out:
You can take the kids out of California but you can’t take the California out of the kids.. And because of that, it was only right to have the In-N-Out truck at our wedding ♀️ #WestCoastBestCoast pic.twitter.com/wxAaYXuqcM— Jessica Faria (@jessjfaria) November 18, 2018
That’s a wrap.
We will no longer rank Rays prospects; we are going to rank which of Faria’s groomsmen “wore it best.”
We are no longer going to analyze player performance, we’re going to analyze the structure Jake and Jess got married under. We are no longer going to propose fake trades during the offseason, we’re going to break down the actual proposal.
Sorry for all you quote-unquote baseball fans, but deep down, you must understand.
Non-Faria Rays News (aka Fake News)
- Over at the Times, Marc Topkin reevaluates the 2011 Draft in light of Blake Snell winning the Cy Young.
- Rays Colored Glasses are taking up the always-fun debate of which pitcher is the best in franchise history.
- The second-lead in David Laurila’s Sunday Notes covers new Rays pitcher Ryan Merritt, so check that bad boy out if you don’t have it on your weekly to-read list already.
- Neil Solondz offers his recap of the Rays in the Arizona Fall League
- Noah Prasnky is digging in on some Rays stadium news, and for some reason he’s running the story two weeks after his subject Ken Hagan was re-elected:
For years, the commissioner refused to turn over public documents of where the Rays were targeting a new stadium.— 10News WTSP (@10NewsWTSP) November 19, 2018
But one influential developer was given inside information, allowing him to buy up cheap property.@noahpransky, @jenntitus10 investigate: https://t.co/vmcBg33SIH
Around the League
- Thanksmas is back:
- Meg Rowley is the new head of FanGraphs, which is excellent news, as she is both awesome as well as dedicated to keeping the site pretty much as is.
- The reason Meg took over is because Carson Cistulli was hired by the Toronto Blue Jays. Craig Edwards sent him off in beautiful fashion.
- Minor League Ball broke down a couple of ex-Rays, in fact the two guys sent over in the Tommy Pham trade, Justin Williams and Genesis Cabrera.
- The AFL ended on a walk-off that featured a Braves prospect breaking his foot
- If you like MLB: The Show, but you think it could be improved (yes, that is literally everyone reading this), Stephon Pujols-Johnson has all the answers.