The competitive balance draft lottery has been completed and the Rays have received the 35th selection in the 2019 draft. Along with that pick, the Rays also draft 22nd, 61st, and 99th, giving them four total selections among the first 100 picks.
- The National Hall of Fame sent out the ballots for the potential class of 2019. Fred McGriff is on the ballot for the 10th time, giving him one last shot to be voted in by the BBWAA
- MLB.com looked at the top players each team may lose to free agency next offseason. As of right now, the Rays currently don’t have any impending free agents.
- Also on MLB.com, they looked a Rookie of the Year candidate from each team, designating Brandon Lowe as the Rays top contender. The slugging Lowe just avoiding being ineligible by a few games.
- Tomorrow afternoon, Juan Toribio of The Athletics ($) will be doing a live Q&A from noon to 1 p.m. ET.
- Tonight, the deadline for teams to lock in their 40-man roster ahead of the Rule 5 draft will pass. The Rays are slated to make several moves, and having already traded Chih-Wei Hu to the Cleveland Indians for minor leaguer Gionti Turner
- Baseball America offers their take on the trade — FanGraphs offers their take on the trade
- JT Morgan looked at who the Rays should add to the 40-man roster by tonight’s deadline
- Rays Colored Glasses ponders if Matt Duffy would be a fit with the Philadelphia Phillies
Around the League
- Last night, the New York Yankees acquired James Paxton from the Seattle Mariners for a trio of prospects: Justus Sheffield, Erik Swanson and Dom Thompson-Williams
- 285 NEW, 285
- Finally, some housekeeping from Danny:
SB Nation has updated the network wide community guidelines. The new policy looks beyond just blogging and commenting. Ever since SB Nation consolidated all site guidelines to one policy (and we lost the ability to tailor the rules of the road), the content of these guidelines have come up quite often. If you’d like to discuss the details of the guidelines further, please feel free to reach out to myself or our site’s lead moderator John Ford. Our e-mails are attached to our SB Nation profiles. Thanks, and Go Rays. Danny.