- The San Francisco Giants found their new President, poaching Farhan Zaidi away from the Los Angeles Dodgers. Chaim Bloom, who was a finalist for the position, is expected to stay with the Rays, for now.
- MLB.com looks at one potential free agent for each team. They tag Adam Warran as the player the Rays should pursue
- Willy Adames and Ryan Yarbrough were named to the Topps All Rookie team, Joey Wendle was once again snubbed
- The Tampa Bay Times is asking you to share your favorite Rocco Baldelli memory. The longtime Ray thanked the Rays and the fans for all of the support over the years
The Tampa Bay Rays and the Tampa Bay community, you have given me the world. I’ve been supported and encouraged since the day I arrived. It’s with great love that I say, THANK YOU. A great deal of me is now made up of you. pic.twitter.com/BgAsnVS7pS— Rocco Baldelli (@roccodbaldelli) November 6, 2018
- Ken Rosenthal shared some of the notes being passed around at the GM Meetings, he wrote about the Rays a couple of times. Linking them to Mike Zunino of the Mariners and also sharing what we already know, the Rays have the budget to make a splash
The Rays, according to sources, also possess more payroll flexibility than in years past, making them a possible landing spot for a significant right-handed hitting free agent such as designated hitter Nelson Cruz or third baseman Josh Donaldson.
- Neil Solondz spoke with Marc Topkin, recapping their busy offseason thus far
Around the League
- The Washington Nationals gave Bryce Harper a very aggressive offer, according to a report from ESPN, but the star outfielder turned them down
From the archives
Travis Phelps doing his best to sum up the Devil Rays 2002 season in one pitch
(Travis Phelps, Derek Lee, and the ball all represent the Devil Rays)