Opening Day is now just 50 days away as the baseball season inches closer. Spring training kicks off in just a week and the free agent market is still clogged with top of the line players with JD Martinez being the most notable on the offensive side of things, while Yu Darvish is stalling out the pitching market.
Thus far in February, the Rays have been active in adding players on minor league deals. Yesterday, they came to an agreement with RHP Evan Scribner, who will compete for a spot in the team’s bullpen
- Former Rays prospect, RHP Taylor Gurrieri is looking to revitalize his career with the Toronto Blue Jays
- With 20 seasons behind them, the Tampa Bay Rays will be featuring a commemorative logo on their jerseys. Several more announcements are expected to come this morning.
- Neil Solondz broke down the Rays vast depth in the bullpen
- The Rays have interest in free agent INF Eduardo Nunez
Both #Yankees and #RedSox have shown interest in free-agent IF Eduardo Nunez, sources say. #Rays, in need of right-handed hitting, also have checked in. Rays monitoring RH bats even while continuing to listen on Odorizzi, Colome, etc. Odorizzi could go to a Darvish runner-up.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) February 6, 2018
- Neil Solondz had the Rays VP of Baseball Operations, Chaim Bloom, as a guest on the ‘This Week in Rays Baseball’ podcast and they discussed Matt Duffy, the spring training roster, and Adeiny Hechavarria’s arbitration process
- The Executive Director of the MLBPA, Tony Clark, took shots at teams across the league looking to tank in 2018
- The Texas Rangers signed RHP reliver, Seung Hwang Oh to a two year deal