- The Rays are expected to announce today that they’ve decided on a location for a new stadium in the Ybor City area of Tampa. More complete write-up here on what that does and doesn’t mean, and on why it took so long.
- The full promotional schedule was released, with highlights being a “tropical shirt” and a long-armed Steven Souza Jr. doll that hugs.
- Jason Collette analyzed Rays pitcher Nathan Eovaldi, looking at the question of whether he should be a starter, a starter who is pulled early, or a reliever.
- Matthew Trueblood analyzed Alex Cobb, who remains unsigned, and who PECOTA is not very high on.
- Merritt Rohlfing analyzed former-Ray Wil Myers, wondering if this is the year he’ll break out and meet those high expectations.
- Steve Adams of MLBTR suggests that the Red Sox are looking at former-Ray Logan Morrison, especially if they fail to sign J.D. Martinez.
- Puerto Rico won the Caribbean Series.
- Zach Crizer observed that Zach Greinke now holds the longest active streak without hitting a batter.
- Ernie Nevel was a pitcher who may or may not have had doctors amputate one of his fingers.
And how many fingers does a pitcher need?