We are just one day away from baseball.
Everything is set to go as the Tampa Bay Rays made their final roster decision yesterday afternoon, reassigning both Johnny Field and Brandon Snyder, as they acquired Rob Refsynder from the Cleveland Indians.
The Rays roster now looks like this:
SP: Chris Archer, Nate Eovaldi, Blake Snell, and Jake Faria
RP: Alex Colome, Sergio Romo, Jose Alvarado, Chaz Roe, Matt Andriese, Andrew Kittredge, Ryan Yarbrough, and Yonny Chirinos
C: Wilson Ramos and Jesus Sucre
INF: Brad Miller, CJ Cron, Daniel Robertson, Joey Wendle, Adeiny Hechavarria, and Matt Duffy
OF: Kevin Kiermaier, Denard Span, Mallex Smith, Carlos Gomez, and Rob Refsynder
The Tampa Bay Rays returned to Tropicana Field as they played the Detroit Tigers for their final game of spring training. The Rays drop their spring finale, 2-1, however, the story of the day was Jake Faria as he dominated for six innings, holding the Detroit offense, hitless. Faria racked up five strikeouts, and allowed just two batters to reach base (a walk and a hit batter).
After his slow start to the spring, Faria’s past few performances have really impressed the Rays skipper.
- Kevin Kiermaier has a goal this season of being able to play every day, after missing significant time the past two years
- Tropicana Field underwent a revamping this off-season as the Rays introduced several new features around the ballpark
- The Rays will not host any post game concerts during the 2018 season
Around the League
- How exactly did Aaron Boone become the manager of one of most storied franchise in sports history?
- This was an incredible moment, Valdimir Guerrero Jr blasted a walk-off HR during a Blue Jays exhibition game at Olympic Stadium in Montreal
Vladimir Guerrero Jr. absolutely crushed a walk-off home run to win it 1-0 for the #BlueJays over in Montreal in the final Spring Training game of the year - see all the action live, with audio courtesy of our very own @Wilnerness590! pic.twitter.com/sqNa5X0tBZ— Sportsnet 590 The FAN (@FAN590) March 28, 2018