- The Rays managed to pull off a one run victory last night as they defeated the Houston Astros, 2-1. Blake Snell dominated for seven inning and the Rays bullpen held the Astros in check. Meanwhile, C.J. Cron belted his 16th home run of the season and Matt Duffy, Wilson Ramos, and Joey Wendle all had multi-hit days. Kevin Kiermaier was hitless in five plate appearances during his return to the Rays.
- Wilson Ramos has surged ahead of Gary Sanchez and is now the leading catcher in the American League All-Star voting
- Jake Bauers spoke with Cespedes Family BBQ about achieving his first MLB hit and how Dee Gordon teased him
- Tonight, the Astros and Rays finish off their three game series with Nate Eovaldi going to the mound against Charlie Morton
- Rays Colored Glasses took a look at an alternate timeline in which the Rays actually acquired Jason Bay in 2008 (and not just for 15 minutes, like in reality)
- Daniel Robertson began his rehab assignment with the Charlotte Stone Crabs
Around the League
- The Miami Marlins and San Francisco Giants got into a bean ball war
- Speaking of the Giants, Hunter Strickland imagined a door was Bryce Harper and fractured his hand. He will miss at least 2 months.
- Beyond the Box Score thinks the 2018 Houston Astros may be one of the best teams in modern baseball history
- The New York Yankees are interested in adding Blue Jays southpaw, J.A, Happ