- Dave Brown of The Athletic wrote about how extended stays on the disabled list can affect a player’s psyche, and looked at Kevin Kiermaier as an example as well as several other Rays have had extended DL stays, like Rocco Baldelli and Jonny Venters
- Tonight, the Rays will begin another series with the New York Yankees as they’ll send Ryne Stanek to the mound against CC Sabathia
- What is the most pressing question facing the Rays? According to MLB.com, it’s whether or not they’ll trade Chris Archer
- Also on The Athletic, Emily Waldon and Jared Wyllys looked at six minor league catchers who are proving valuable. One of the catchers they pinpointed was Brett Sullivan, who is currently with the Montgomery Biscuits and may be needed by the Rays in 2019
- According to Marc Topkin, the Rays will activate Daniel Robertson prior to tonight’s game, meaning they have a decision to make as to who he will be replacing.
- Yesterday, we looked at the possible trade destinations for Adeiny Hechavarria
Around the League
- Ichiro Suzuki is no longer an active player, which means he is not allowed in the dugout during games, however, he picked up a disguise and sat through the Mariners latest game
- Hunter Strickland apologized to his teammates and the fans for how he fractured his hand after punching a door
- According to a Yahoo Sports report, MLB has banned teams from making transactions with the Mexican League
- Know thy enemy: Jeff Sullivan highlighted a Yankee pitcher on the rise | Rotographs says Gary Sanchez is doing better than how horrible his season looks
- The New York Mets are promoting pitching prospect, Drew Smith, who was the player the Rays sent over for Lucas Duda last summer
Source confirming former #Tigers prospect Drew Smith has been called up to the #Mets, as first reported by @AnthonyDiComo.— Emily Waldon (@EmilyCWaldon) June 22, 2018
Smith was originally traded to the #Rays in the exchange for Mikie Mahtook.