- The Tampa Bay Rays swept the New York Yankees over the weekend, with each game providing plenty of excitement. Yesterday afternoon, the game went into extra inning and Jake Bauers ended it with a walkoff blast in the 12th inning to complete the sweep.
- The Rays are now 37-40, 14 games back in the division and 9.5 games back in the Wild Card chase. Tonight, the Washington Nationals come to town for a brief two game set.
- Jonny Venters pitched to one batter in the 12th inning, but pulled a hamstring as he was running to cover first base. He is likely heading to the disabled list.
- In the 9th, Clint Frazier what appeared to be a possible go-ahead home run, but the ball struck the speaker and miraculously Adeiny Hechavarria somehow caught the ricochet for the first out of the inning...Yankee fans were not happy with that outcome.
Who knew you could have too much launch angle? ♂️ pic.twitter.com/rVAR8YimLJ— Cut4 (@Cut4) June 24, 2018
- MLB Pipeline included a couple of Rays prospects as some of the top performing minor leaguers on Sunday as Genesis Cabrera and Brandon Lowe were selected.
- Joey Wendle started his first professional game in the outfield over the weekend and Kevin Cash says to expect more of him and Daniel Robertson in the outfield in the near future as he tried to find playing time for everyone.-
- Just watch this again to fill your heart with joy
Around the League
- Grant Brisbee’s weekly write up is always must read, this week he highlights that Baseball is good because of hot dog guns, Shohei Ohtani, and majestic mullets
- Again, the Yankees were not happy with Tropicana Field
- Hanley Ramirez is not under federal investigation, despite the story being run rampantly heading into the weekend
- The Toronto Blue Jays are promoting one of their top prospects