- The Tampa Bay Rays improved to three games over .500 last night, marking their best record of the season. They defeated the Detroit Tigers, 5-2, Wilson Ramos provided the big blow, a three run home run in the third inning, while the Rays pitching staff did their part on a bullpen day, holding Detroit scoreless over the first eight innings, before Adam Kolarek surrendered two runs in the 9th.
- Stuart Sternberg joined the crew for a prolonged cameo as he discussed the team’s new stadium renderings, which were unveiled during a hour long presentation in Ybor City.
- Stu was in the booth when Ramos blasted his opposite field home run and took the opportunity to provide a blast of his own as he proclaimed “that would have been out by a mile at Yankee Stadium.” Brian Anderson chimed in, saying it would have been an upper deck shot. However, at Tropicana Field, it fell in the first row of the seats and a very enthusiastic young boy caught the ball and celebrated with his father.
- As for the stadium renderings, there was plenty of coverage from every Rays media outlet yesterday. Draysbay provided a live blog of the happenings, as well an update on everything we know at this point.
- Here are some of the renderings that have been made available of the new stadium.
- Prior to last night’s game, the Rays optioned Johnny Field to Durham and recalled Ji-Man Choi
- Important Cut4 question, does Blake Snell look like Stinky Peterson from ‘Hey Arnold’
- We have an early afternoon game today, as the Tigers and Ray play their series finale with Hunter Wood getting the start with a 12:10 start time
Around the League
- Some info on the possible return the Baltimore Orioles are seeking for Manny Machado
- The Cleveland Indians lost last night due to a bullpen implosion, that was caused by miscommunication between the coaching staff
- The members of the Chicago Cubs will be participating in the home run derby as both Javy Baez and Kyle Schwarber will be a part of the National League squad, along with Bryce Harper and Max Muncy
- Count the Boston Red Sox in as one of the teams interested in Manny Machado