Today is the 2018 non-waiver trading deadline for MLB.
The Rays have already made three deals leading up to today’s 4pm deadline as they have traded away a trio pitchers: Nate Eovaldi, Matt Andriese, and Jonny Venters.
They still have several players who are certainly going to be talked about this morning and afternoon with Chris Archer being the most notable name among them. Other candidates to go include Adeiny Hechavarria, Sergio Romo, and Wilson Ramos. However, you never know who could be dealt when it’s all said and done.
- Besides trades, there will be actual Rays baseball tonight as Tampa Bay welcomes Mike Trout and the Los Angeles Angels into town for a three game set. Ryne Stanek will open, with Tyler Skaggs starting for the Angels
- 2018 draftee, Tyler Frank, was named to the MLB Pipeline team of the week
- Blake Snell’s rehab is going well, but does not have a timetable yet to return
- Thomas Bassinger of the Tampa Bay Times looks at why Chris Archer never developed into the ace everyone envisioned
- This weekend, the Rays will celebrate their 2008 AL Championship team as they’ll have numerous players returning. An Akinori Iwamura bobblehead will be given out on Saturday, with Aki being on hand to throw out the first pitch to Jason Bartlett.
- Everything we know and don’t know about the Chris Archer trade rumors thus far
- Christian Arroyo was hit in the head by a pitch a few nights ago and suffered a concussion
- Jose De Leon is on the comeback trail after undergoing Tommy John surgery earlier this year
Time literally flies! This was one of the most exciting moments I’ve ever had. Feels SO GOOD to lace my cleats up, grab my glove and start throwing a baseball again! ⏳#OnAMission pic.twitter.com/QMnzjCp1Jp— Jose De León (@JDL_87) July 30, 2018
Around the League
- The Atlanta Braves acquired Adam Duvall from the Cincinnati Reds
- The Boston Red Sox acquired Ian Kinsler from the Los Angeles Angels
- The Pittsburgh Pirates acquired Keone Kela from the Texas Rangers
- The New York Yankees acquired Lance Lynn from the Minnesota Twins
- The Seattle Mariners acquired Adam Warren from the New York Yankees
- The Houston Astros acquired Roberto Osuna from the Toronto Blue Jays
- The Washington Nationals let everyone know that Bryce Harper has been placed on the trading block