- The Tampa Bay Rays were victorious last night, and it only took 16 innings of utter nonsense baseball for them to do so. Vidal Nuno earned the victory and collected two hits, but also pulled a hamstring running to first after drilling one of the sharpest hits of the night and is DL bound, Jake Bauers provided the go-ahead runs in the top of the 16th with a 2 run double. Jesus Sucre tried to close the game out, but the luck dragons weren’t on his side and Kevin Cash had to turn to Jose Alvarado to nail the coffin mercifully shut on the Marlins.
- With Nuno going on the disabled list and the Rays lacking in pitching depth for the final game of their series with the Marlins, they’re expecting to demote Austin Pruitt and bring up two fresh arms from the minors.
- Mallex Smith was pulled from the game last night early due to missing a sign
- Cut4 looks at Jesus Sucre’s appearance, and he wasn’t bad as he actually got weak contact, BABIP should regress his next time out
- The Rays play again today at 1:10 with Matt Andriese getting the start
- It’s trade season and the Rays plan is really unknown as they could do a lot of things or nothing as the deadline approaches. Two names that are potentially on the block are Chaz Roe and Matt Duffy
- Minor League Ball identifies several sleeper prospects within the Rays system
- From the Tampa Bay Times, Ybor City area favored as Rays stadium site now eligible for federals tax breaks
- Things are tough for Adeiny Hechavarria as he knows his days are limited with Tampa Bay and he’ll never know which game will be his last
Around the League
- The Milwaukee Brewers are eyeing the Toronto Blue Jays as a potential trade partner
- Colby Rasmus repeated what he did in 2017 as he has left the Baltimore Orioles for personal reasons
- Shohei Ohtani has returned to the Los Angeles Angels, he was originally expected back in 2020