- “When I’m angry, I’m not thinking too hard. If they fine me for this, I’ve got enough money to pay.”
- “I don’t care about any internet.”
One more, for the internet:
- Marc Topkin writes that Kevin Kiermaier thought about the potential for injury, and decided not to crash into the outfield wall in the sixth inning of yesterday’s game.
- Expect a move for more pitching.
We've optioned RH Ryan Weber to Triple-A @DurhamBulls. A countermove will be announced later.— Tampa Bay Rays (@RaysBaseball) July 4, 2018
- Chris Archer may return to the team on Monday, despite not yet being fully stretched out.
- Jim Duquette says that the Nationals should be pushing for Wilson Ramos, hard.
- Javier Baez stole home, acrobatically, and it was pretty cool.
- Former Ray Erasmo Ramirez, now pitching for the wild-card-holding Seattle Mariners, is closing in on a return date.
- The Dodgers traded for former-Ray Dylan Floro.
- The investigation into the financials surrounding the Dodgers sale, and where the money came from, is potentially a pretty big deal.
- David Laurila’s manager interview series continues with White Sox manager Rick Renteria.
- Jeff Sullivan noticed that the Royals offense has been really bad.
- Jayson Stark noticed that, so far this year, no starting pitcher has made it through the oppositng lineup four times. If that holds for the rest of the season, it would be the first time ever.