- David Laurila interviewed former Rays hitting coach Derek Shelton, who talked about his time with the Rays. Really great read, as always from Laurila.
- Jeff Sullivan was watching Tyler Glasnow’s first two starts with Tampa Bay, and he notes that Glasnow already looks better.
- Joey Knight wrote about yesterdays game, where eight-year-old Hailey Dawson threw out the first pitch with a prosthetic hand.
- Juan Toribio talked to and wrote about Yonny Chirinos after his first career win.
- So did Bill Chastain.
- Look at the smiling man, with his game ball.
- The ability to enjoy and understand pitching, as seeon on TV, has a lot to do with the postitioning of the center field camera, and you can hate on Tropicana Field all you want but in this respect we Rays fans are spoiled. Nick Pollak ranked all the center field shots, and the Rays are in the top tier. I agree, every time I watch another broadcast.
- A rundown of the Rays nicknames for the players’ weekend.
- Oakland acquired former-Ray Fernando Rodney from the Minnesotta Twins.
- Mookie Betts hit for the cycle, proving that he’s several steps behind Wander Franco.
- A successful hidden ball trick.
- Baseball and knitting.
- When Sheryl Ring writes, it’s always worth your time. Right now she has two articles on FanGraphs: 1) On Juan Soto, speculation about his age, and how and when that becomes defamatory 2) On Angel Hernandez’s discrimination suit against Major League Baseball
- Russell Carleton has been doing good work poking at the defensive spectrum for a while now, and his most recent article on it looks at what happens when teams are forced by circumstance to play someone in a positioin they’re not suited for/used to.
- Felic Hernandez will be moved to the bullpen.