Tonight the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum will announce the class of 2019 with several players expected to be inducted.
Unfortunately, it does not appear likely that Fred McGriff will among those to be enshrined in his final year appearing on the ballot.
According to Ryan Thibodaux’s tracker, there are four players currently pacing the 75% needed to be inducted: Roy Halladay, Mariano Rivera, Mike Mussina, and Edgar Martinez. Fred McGriff, at last tally, was on 38.6% of the ballots cast.
Rays News and Links:
- Top 54 Prospects: Tampa Bay Rays - Kiley McDaniel and Eric Longenhagen, FanGraphs
- Around the Horn: Rays confident in Zunino - Juan Toribio, MLB.com
- Rays Tales: Why this roster may be set up just right - Marc Topkin, Tampa Bay Times
- Rays top 50 prospects: No. 43, Sandy Gaston - Mat Germain, Wander Rays
- Tampa Bay Rays down under: 5 prospects open eyes in ABL - Austin Reimann, Rays Colored Glasses
Around the League:
- Baseball Hall of Fame Class of 2019 announcement: Time, how to watch, and online streaming info - Tyler Norton, Pinstripe Alley
- Tigers sign veteran catcher, Hector Sanchez, to a minor league deal - Brandon Day, Bless You Boys
- Yankees sign Danny Farquhar to a minor league deal - Jake Devin, Pinstripe Alley
- Reds acquire Sonny Gray from Yankees in 3-team trade - Red Reporter