Baseball Prospectus released their top-101 prospects for 2019 this morning, and seven Rays players have made the cut:
10. Wander Franco, SS, Tampa Bay Rays
25. Brent Honeywell, RHP, Tampa Bay Rays
32. Jesus Sanchez, OF, Tampa Bay Rays
42. Brendan McKay, 1B/LHP, Tampa Bay Rays
79. Lucius Fox, SS, Tampa Bay Rays
88. Shane Baz, RHP, Tampa Bay Rays
96. Vidal Brujan, 2B, Tampa Bay Rays
BPro has a reputation for valuing upside, which is what leads to players like OF Jo Addell leaping into second on the list, or 2B Keston Kiura vaulting to sixth. All are top names, but the order leans into the variance.
This is also what leads to boom-or-bust prospect types like Jesus Sanchez jump above surefire SP Brendan McKay.
You can read the details behind all of Baseball Prospectus’s rankings of these Rays in our coverage of their top-10 Rays prospect list for 2019 here.