The Rays announced details for the 2019 Fan Fest at Tropicana Field, including a new requirement that all adults must print a ticket for the free event, and introducing a new experience with Cy Young Award winner Blake Snell.
Already known for his love of Fortnite, fans will have the opportunity to play video games with Blake Snell for a $500 contribution to the Rays Baseball Foundation, a charity that focuses on youth and educational programming. The one hour experience comes with a personalized Rays jersey and four tickets to a game.
Fans will also be able to buy tickets in a viewing gallery for $50, which guarantees an autograph from Blake Snell. All other autograph opportunities follow the standard $25 ticket process, again with all proceeds going to the Rays Baseball Foundation.
You can get all the rest of the Fan Fest details here.
- Juan Toribio projects Yandy Diaz as the Rays primary first baseman in 2019
- Marc Topkin hones in on top prospect SS Wander Franco
- Neil Solondz on the historic depth of the Rays franchise, according to Baseball America
- Rays Colored Glasses says David Price is best pitcher in Rays history
- RCG also has a fun series on Tampa Bay’s performance against the Hall inductees. They’re quick hits, but interesting: Mike Mussina | Mariano Rivera | Roy Halladay | Edgar Martinez
- Wander Rays ranks the team’s 10 Best RHP Prospects for 2019
- RIP: MLB lost a local legend in umpire Jim McKean:
Longtime major-league umpire, Tampa Bay area resident Jim McKean dies https://t.co/t7rA6bhNFG— Marc Topkin (@TBTimes_Rays) January 24, 2019
- The Orioles, announcing their coaching hires, are the latest team to hire a Field Coordinator
- Jonah Keri on the advances stats you should know
MLB analytic experts share the latest advanced stats you should know to stay ahead of the curve for 2019— Jonah Keri (@jonahkeri) January 23, 2019
- Ben Lindbergh on the continued rise of the utility player
- Athletics draft pick and Heisman Award winner Kyler Murray is in focus at CBS Sports (R.J. Anderson), at Baseball Prospectus (Kate Morrison), and the Tampa Bay Times (Frank Pastor)
- MLBTR tried to narrow down the Suitors for Manny Machado (other than the White Sox and Phillies) and came up with six possible mystery teams.
- Also at FanGraphs: Jeff Sullivan on the new-look Reds | Craig Edwards on the Padres finances | Jay Jaffe — required reading on the Hall of Fame — on unanimity