With the Astros holding a commanding 3-1 lead over the Yankees, and the Nationals having already clinched their first-ever pennant in the NL, it’s time to think about which team the Rays fanbase will be supporting in the World Series at this point.
Clearly, if the Yankees storm back to a pennant we’ll be rooting for the Nats, and I think Washington’s lovable underdogs are the picks regardless of whomever comes out of the AL, but I weirdly don’t feel myself hating the Astros that much, and there’s always that weird pull to lose to the team that eventually won it all. If the Yankees lose in five and then Houston tops Washington in five in the WS as well, there’s a chance that it was the Rays who will have given the eventual champs their toughest test. Of course, there’s tons and tons of baseball remaining, but it’s natural to let the mind wander.
(Or should I say Wander.)
On to the links...
News and Links
- Tampa Bay Rays: 2019 Season Awards and Superlatives
- Six Questions facing the Rays this offseason
- Tampa Bay Rays 2019 MLB Draft Report Card ($$)
- With the Rays out of the playoffs, new stadium buzzing is getting louder
- 10 Games that changed the Tampa Bay Rays’ 2019 season ($$)
- Giants interested in Rays bench coach
- Down on the farm with Matthew Liberatore
- Tampa Bay Rays Offseason Outlook: 2020 Salaries, Roster
- Former Mayville State Pitcher Nick Anderson Named to Baseball America’s All-Rookie MLB Team