In just 5 hours from now the Rays will be taking on the Astros in Game 1 of the ALDS. First pitch slated for 2:05 ET. Has it sunk in yet? Are we having fun yet?!
- One last time before moving on from the Wild Card win, relive that evening with this awesome hype video:
- Rays, Astros find ‘best version’ of players - Richard Justice, MLB.com: The Rays and Astros are two of the very best run organizations in baseball.
- Here’s the Rays’ path to victory vs. Astros - Anthony Castrovince, MLB.com: The Rays may be underdogs, but they are not to be underestimated.
- How the Rays could beat the Astros - Marc Topkin, Tampa Bay Times ($): And more options for how the Rays can shock the world (again).
- In a Wild-Card Win, the Rays Showed Why They Might Upset the Astros - Zach Kram, The Ringer: It won’t be easy, the Astros are a truly great team, but the Rays might be one of the few teams designed to counter Houston.
- Rays-Astros division series tickets on sale, Game 3 tix now ‘seriously limited’ - Brandon Meyer, Tampa Bay Times ($): The Rays home game may not have a set time yet, but tickets are already almost sold out!
- Speaking of that weirdly shifting start time:
- In Rays pitching staff, the juggernaut Astros lineup faces its stiffest challenge yet - Jake Kaplan, The Athletic ($): Pitching will be in the spotlight for this series.
- How the Tampa Bay Rays aren’t just surviving but thriving with MLB’s smallest payroll - Jeff Passan, ESPN: Rays have perfected doing more with less.
- Fun with probabilities!
According to Fangraphs, the Astros’ probability of winning the World Series dropped from 34.6% to 30.9% after yesterday’s Wild Card Game.— Jeremy Frank (@MLBRandomStats) October 3, 2019
- Rays are bringing the fire