Not much is going on right now.
- Our friends over at Bucs Dugout revisit the Chris Archer trade from their side of the fence. As expected, there isn’t enough lipstick in the Alleghany River to make this pig presentable.
- More from Marc Carig at the Athletic ($$$) on the burgeoning cheating scandal that has taken over this offseason, including a report that a misunderstanding led to a camera-wielding Rays scout’s ejection from Yankee Stadium during the playoffs this season.
Why a camera-wielding Rays scout was ejected from Yankee Stadium during the postseason: https://t.co/Qwjwv7nCDM— Marc Carig (@MarcCarig) November 17, 2019
- Marc Topkins of the Tampa Bay Times ($$$) also runs down the latest in Astros sign stealing, possible offseason move, and more.
- Ginny Searle and Craig Goldstein at BPro have still more on the Astros shenanigans $$$.
- Ben Lindbergh and Meg Rowley on the Effectively Wild podcast talk about potential free agent land spots and — you guessed it — sign stealing.
- Juan Toribio does a mailbag.
- A new coffee table book from photographer Jean Fruth called Grassroots Baseball: Where Legends Begin has a chapter on Wade Boggs ($$$).
- And ... uh ... here’s a couple cute dogs?