News & Links
- The catcher free agent market got a little thinner after the Braves inked Travis d’Arnaud. I’m sure our offer was “competitive,” but at least we’ll always have New York.
Gonna miss Mr. d’Arnaud. I will never forget his go-ahead 3-run blast in the Bronx. One of my favorite moments of the 2019 season. pic.twitter.com/RCvdAmx2bg— Dan Slaubaugh (@DanSlaubaugh) November 25, 2019
- This should move Jason Castro to the top of the Rays catching targets.
- Marc Topkin also writes about missing on d’Araud. $$$
- Ryan Thibodaux is the guy to follow if you like tracking the good and the horrible in Hall of Fame ballots.
- Joe Lucia at Awful Announcing writes about the Just Jeter HOF ballots and hopes this isn’t a trend.
- One of the Just Jeter voters, Anthony Rieber of Newsday, defends his ballot.
- Former Rays sideline reporter Michelle Margaux has a new gig.
- Marc Topkin writes about who’s on third with Duffy gone. $$$
- Richard Justice writes about eight free agents everyone is underrating, including DRB wishlister Howie Kendrick.
- Current Rays bench coach Matt Quatraro and former Rays hitting coach Derek Shelton appear to be the finalists for the Pirates coaching gig.
- Buster Olney at ESPN+ writes about how MLB’s plan to contract the minors could cost more than money. $$$
- Gabrielle Starr at The Hardball Times has a story about Jackie Mitchell, the 17 year old girl who once struck out Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig.
- Could MLB lift blackout rules for in-market games? Maybe...
- Finally, here are two dogs. One of them is Travis d’Arnaud, the other is the Braves.