Some big news broke over the weekend.
- The Rangers acquired Corey Kluber for some magic beans (Delino DeShields and Emmanuel Clase).
- Per Dayn Perry at CBS Sports, the Indians might not be done selling.
- Madison Bumgarner signed with the Diamondbacks on Sunday for 5 years / $85M.
- The Athletic has a roundtable on the Madbum move.
- Chris Haft writes about the Bumgarner’s legacy in San Francisco.
- Richard Justice rounds up who’s left among the big names. Avisail Garcia makes a showing.
- Per Marc Topkin, the Brewers are in on Avi Garcia.
- Mike Axisa at CBS Sports writes about the escalating situation between MLB and the minor leagues, including Rob Manfred’s threat to ditch the minors altogether.
- Bernie Sanders weighs in on the conflict.
- Among other tidbits, Marc Topkin reports that the Rays offer to Howie Kendrick was higher and for more years than what he accepted from the Nats.
- Zach Kram at the Ringer writes about the legacy of the juiced baseball.
- Joel Sheehan has a smart thread on Twitter about the problems in MLB employing journalists to cover itself.
- Per Fangraphs, MLB is mandating sharing of amateur TrackMan data.
- Here’s a puppy. Lookit that tail go.
my boyfriend got me a puppy for my birthday look at his little tail when i picked him up pic.twitter.com/U9hNZXMT5W— Monica (@moneycaa_) December 13, 2019