- Steven Souza Jr. Reportedly Recovered From Knee Surgery, Generating Interest - Steve Adams, MLB Trade Rumors: Could a reunion still be in the works with the Rays and Souza?
- MLB Stats helping spread the word about Yoshi:
- 5 fun facts about new Rays slugger Tsutsugo - Juan Toribio, MLB.com: Having a bonafide star of the Nippon Professional Baseball leagues is something new for the Rays, but a fun additional both with Yoshi and with all the new Bay Stars fans on board the Rays bandwagon.
- Rays’ Yandy Diaz a 2020 breakout candidate? - Seth Carter, Rays Colored Glasses: Yandy already had a fairly nice break out before getting broken himself last year. 2020 could be another quantum leap forward for the mountain that bats.
- Andy Freed signs new multiyear to stay in Rays radio booth - Marc Topkin, Tampa Bay Times: The voice of the Rays on radio is here to stay.
- Padres roster review: Jake Cronenworth - Jeff Sanders, The San Diego Union-Tribune: Check in on the former two-way Rays prospect out on the other coast.
- Rangers re-signed RHP Ian Gibaut and others to a minor league deal (Gibaut, the former Rays prospect, was DFA’d earlier in the offseason).
- MLBPA files grievance against Yankees:
The MLBPA has filed a grievance against the Yankees regarding their move to convert Jacoby Ellsbury’s contract to non-guaranteed, as the AP reported. The dispute over the remaining $26m can reach a settlement, or be seen by an arbitrator. No public timeline for now.— Lindsey Adler (@lindseyadler) December 19, 2019
- How the Baseball Became an Unreliable Narrator - Zach Kram, The Ringer: A neat read about the juiced (and then de-juiced) ball dominating our minds in 2019.