- The Winter Meetings kick off in San Diego. Anthony Castrovince gives some predictions on what big moves might come. The Rays don’t crack his list.
- Ken Rosenthal gives his take on the Meetings at the Athletic. The Rays don’t make an appearance here either.
- Marc Topkin previews what the Rays might do at the Winter Meetings as well as Stephen Souza interest in rejoining the Rays.
- Juan Toribio also previews how the Rays might move during the Winter Meetings.
- Marc Carig runs down what teams face the most pressure in deal making at the Winter Meetings. He says the Rays should do something — if it’s convenient.
- In non-Winter Meeting news, the Tampa Bay Times runs down what their readers had to say regarding the latest in stadium news.
- Josh Tolentino explores slapdick-gate, including updates from Blake Snell, Xavier Edwards, and Erik Neander, and concludes that everything is okay.
- Effectively Wild talk about the Tommy Pham trade, as well as slapdick-gate.
- In Hall of Fame news, Marvin Miller and Ted Simmons are finally going to be enshrined.
- Jay Jaffe writes about Miller and Simmons.
- Ben Lindbergh at the Ringer writes about recent free agent signings and what they mean (and don’t mean).
- The Yankees are going hard after Gerrit Cole.
- Baseball America awarded the Hudson Valley Renegades with the 2019 Freitas Award.
- Finally, lookit these eyes:
Tampa Bay Rays News & Links: Winter Meetings, Tommy Pham Trade, and new Hall of Famers
A lot happened over the weekend, and a lot more should be happening this week at the Winter Meetings
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.