The Tampa Bay Rays have started their first winning streak of 2019 as they won their second consecutive contest, this time defeating the Boston Red Sox by the score of, 5-4.
Nate Lowe and Daniel Robertson both launched solo home runs as part of the Rays offensive production. Robertson also had a two run double in the second inning. Tommy Pham hit the ball hard all three times up, but was only able to come away with one hit during the game.
Kevin Kiermaier, Kean Wong, and Joey Wendle all collected stolen bases.
Avisail Garcia went 0-2 with two strikeouts in his spring debut.
On the pitching side of things, Jake Faria impressed again, racking up three strikeouts but also allowing a run on two hits during two innings of work. Ryne Stanek was also impressive in his inning, striking out two.
Tonight, the Rays will head to Fort Myers, where they’ll take on the Minnesota Twins at 6:35, with the reigning AL Cy Young, Blake Snell, set to make his spring debut. There will be no TV coverage of the game, but Rays Radio will have a radio broadcast.
Here is the scheduled starting lineup, per Marc Topkin:
- Yandy Diaz, 1B
- Tommy Pham, LF
- Austin Meadows, RF
- Avisail Garcia, DH
- Brandon Lowe, 2B
- Matt Duffy, 3B
- Willy Adames, SS
- Emilio Bonifacio, CF
- Michael Perez, C
Blake Snell, SP
News and Links
- Lowe shows off power with mammoth homer - Juan Toribio, Rays Baseball
- First base boot camp now in session for the Rays - John Romano, Tampa Bay Times
- The Rays Colored Glasses podcast is here! - Austin Reimann, Rays Colored Glasses
- The Tampa Bay Rays should sign Bryce Harper - Rylan Stiles, Rays Colored Glasses
- 2019 Rays Prospects: Spring Training Report, 28-Feb-19 - Mat Germain, Wander Rays