Baseball Prospectus’ PECOTA projections are out and it has the Rays finishing the 2019 season with a record of 86-76, 3rd in the American League East, but also in possession of the second American League Wild Card spot.
Among the things that standout are the projections for Brandon Lowe, whom BP has mashing 16 HR over 373 plate appearances. Tommy Pham is rated as the best hitter, with Avisail Garcia, Yandy Diaz, and Brandon Lowe trailing behind. PECOTA is not a believer in Austin Meadows, whom they projected to accrue -0.5 WARP.
Rays News and Links
- Here’s your guide to Rays Spring Training - Juan Toribio, MLB.com
- What we know about Rays ticket prices in smaller Trop - Marc Topkin, Tampa Bay Times
- These are MLB’s 10 best starting pitcher duos (Blake Snell & Charlie Morton were ranked 7th) - Andrew Simon, MLB.com
- Jim Callis answered some prospect questions in his weekly article for MLB.com. Among the questions answered, was one pertaining to the Rays future infield situation.
How do you see the Rays future IF shaking out between Adames,Franco,Brujan, and Fox? Brujan to CF?— WalterJohnson (@steve_dakota) February 5, 2019
Around the League
- MLB Investigation Finds ‘No Credible Evidence’ to Support Dr. Martin’s Allegations; UPDATE: Dr. Martin Responds - Tim Cantu, Lookout Landing
- Blue Jays Rumors: Sergio Romo - Tom Drakers, Bluebird Banter
- Royals sign Brad Boxberger to one-year deal - Max Rieper, Royals Review