One thing they always say in sports is that you have to have a short term memory. Learn from your losses, but forget about them, move on, and win the next one.
After a tough series loss at home against the Yankees where the Rays saw their division lead shrink to just half a game, they hope to do just that.
Following a quick two game set in Miami beginning tonight, the team will travel to the Bronx to rematch their division rivals.
Here’s to moving on!
- TWIRB podcast: Hear from Charlie morton, Rays broadcasters roundtable, and more:
- Juan Toribio of MLB dot com takes questions from fans, including when pitching prospect Brendan McKay might make his major league debut
- John Romano, Tampa Bay TImes ($): Yandy Diaz went from a singles hitter to a beast with just minor tweaks
- Eduardo Encina, Tampa Bay Times ($): Rays right-hander Charlie Morton balks at all of his walks
- Mark Topkin, Tampa Bay Times ($): The Rays are still in first place, but here’s five things to be concerned about
- ICYMI: Rays and Mets complete Wilmer Font deal
- Power Rankings from The Athetic, MLB dot com and ESPN are in
- Richard Justice gives an initial glimpse of the 2019 Cy Young race
- A’s get term sheet approval for ballpark
- Shohei Ohtani hit his first dinger of 2019:
- David Schoenfield, ESPN: Where do baseball’s elite starting pitchers come from?
- Josh Herzenberg of FanGraphs talks about the art, science and psychology of catcher framing
- David Laurila of FanGraphs talks with Jalen Beeks about his changeup
- MLB is ditching Trackman and moving to Hawk-Eye tracking system