Last night, the Tampa Bay Rays fell to the Los Angeles Dodgers as Clayton Kershaw flummoxed the Rays offense for six innings before Tampa finally broke through in the 7th.
By then, the Dodgers had already built up a six run lead that proved to be too much for Tampa Bay to overcome as they lost, 7-3.
Yandy Diaz, who was removed from Sunday’s game after being hit by a pitch, was a late scratch from the lineup prior to Tuesday’s game. The tests are all negative for it being broken, so the Rays are confident he won’t need time on the Injured List.
In other injured Rays news; Mike Zunino is ahead of schedule regarding his quad injury and may actually return ahead of his original 4-6 week timeline. Matt Duffy started in left field last night for the Durham Bulls, and played seven innings; He isn’t eligible to be activated from the 60-day IL until Monday.
Meanwhile, Tyler Glasnow has not resumed baseball activities as of yet, but he is progressing at a must faster rate than he originally anticipated.
News and Links
- Pham talks Rays’ chemistry, rivalry with Yanks. ’Everyone meshes with everyone on this team,’ outfielder says - Bill Ladson, MLB.com
- Rays journal: Why Andrew Friedman’s return to Trop was more comfortable this time - Marc Topkin, Tampa Bay Times ($)
- Former Rays and Cubs pitching coach Jim Hickey back in the game, now working for Dodgers - Marc Topkin, Tampa Bay Times ($)
- Matt Seelinger Acquired By Giants In Kratz Deal - Josh Norris, Baseball America ($)
- TAMPA BAY RAYS FIRST BASE COACH HILARIOUSLY TIMES FAN CHUGGING A BEER DURING GAME (VIDEO) - Darrelle Lincoln, Total Pro Sports