Last night, the Tampa Bay Rays prevailed against the Los Angeles Dodgers with the final score being, 8-1.
It was a duel of the pitching staffs until the Rays broke out in a big way during a seven run seventh inning that featured three run home runs from the bats of Avisail Garcia and Kevin Kiermaier. For Kiermaier, it was his second homerun over his past three games, prior to that, his last home run came on April 5th.
News and Links
- Matt Duffy removed himself from a game last night with the Durham Bulls as he aggravated his hamstring. The veteran infielder has been trying to work his way back from a hamstring injury since the start of spring training.
- Brendan McKay has been one of the best pitchers in all of the minor leagues this year. He continued his dominance with another spectacular outing last night as he racked up nine strikeouts over six scoreless innings pitched.
- 6 possible trade fits for Anthony Rendon (Rays are mentioned as a possible fit) - Mark Feinsand, MLB.com
- Cleveland Indians, Tampa Bay Rays series preview, pitching matchups - Paul Hoynes, Cleveland.com
- The Rays are traveling up to Cleveland and in the TV booth, DeWayne Staats will be taking some time off so Kevin Burkhardt will be making his SunSports debut as he works the four games alongside Brian Anderson
- Jalen Beeks is changing it up in 2019 - Austin Reimann, Rays Colored Glasses
- Outback Bowl on for 6 more years; What about a Rays stadium? - Fox 13