- Rays upset narrative with offensive onslaught - Juan Toribio, MLB.com: The Rays were the ones to showcase both the dominant pitching and explosive bats in game 1 of a big time 4 game showdown with the league leading Minnesota Twins.
- Rays’ Tommy Pham optimistic after leaving in fifth inning due to leg cramp - Marc Topkin, Tampa Bay Times: Some cautiously good news after Pham had to leave early from the Rays route of the Twins.
Pham: "It feels better. I guess I need to drink more water and stop drinking soda. Good news from the MRI. We'll see how I feel tomorrow. I'm going to tell Cash I'm playing tomorrow, for real. (Before the injury occurred) I felt great today." #Rays https://t.co/EBLZ1TgXPA— Josh Tolentino (@JCTSports) May 31, 2019
- Why Rays’ welcome-back for Rocco Baldelli included used cargo shorts and sandals - Marc Topkin, Tampa Bay Times: The Woonsocket Rocket got a warm welcome back to the Trop.
- Rays looking to boost a strong system in Draft - Juan Toribio, MLB.com: Draft chatter to get prepped/hyped for the 2019 MLB draft.
- The Rays much talked about struggles with RISP were not apparent on Thursday:
Around the League
- Days ahead of the Draft, here’s our latest mock - Jim Callis, MLB.com: Get ready for the upcoming draft to see what names to keep an eye on who could be available for the Rays.
- Introduction to the 2019 Draft BOARD - Eric Longenhagen and Kiley McDaniel, Fan Graphs: Even more draft prep, the best in the business at prospect evaluation (in my opinion) get the 2019 Draft Board ready.
- Derek Dietrich Winds ‘Em Up and Lets It Fly - Jay Jaffe, Fan Graphs: Former Ray, Derek Dietrich has been the MLB heel that is entertaining as possible and that’s something we all need in baseball.
- lol ok
Scott Boras told me tonight he believes Dallas Keuchel could be ready to pitch at the @MLB level within roughly one week after signing, if that is what his team desires. Boras said Keuchel has thrown 7 simulated games of 95 to 104 pitches, every five days. @MLBNetwork— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) May 31, 2019