Everyday for the Rays right now is the NotGreatBob.gif
Thursday was a brutal day start to end with weird, bizarre news of partially losing the team, to a nail bitting game that almost resulted in a heroic victory to snap a 3 game losing streak, to actually instead blow a 3 run lead and get walked off to start a very tough road trip.
- Rays to explore splitting games with Montreal - Jeff Passan, ESPN
- Rays to split season between St. Pete and Montreal? Don’t count on it - Noah Pransky, Florida Politics
- Don’t count on it you say? Well let’s just ask the Mayor of St Pete...oh he already said it’s stupid
#Rays plan for Montreal already appears near death. St Pete Mayor Rick Kriseman says he told team he would not grant permission for talks with Montreal. Rays have use agreement with St Pete until 2027.— John Romano (@romano_tbtimes) June 20, 2019
- 5 quick questions about the Rays’ proposal to play in Montreal - Michael Bradburn and Jason Wilson, The Score
- If the Montreal idea is bogus, what are the Rays really thinking? - John Romano, Tampa Bay Times
- Say Hello to the Ex-Rays: MLB’s Tampa Bay–Montreal Split Is a Bold, Nonsensical Idea - Michael Baumann, The Ringer
Okay, so the big stadium news thing was weird and annoying and strange and honestly, it’s better to just focus on real baseball on a field right now. Surely that will provide us with the much needed distraction.
- Rays’ struggles continue with loss on walk-off HR - Chris Haft, MLB.com: What almost became a much needed comeback, 9th inning victory was a truly gut-punch of a loss.
- Inside Rays clubhouse, potential split home schedule between Tampa Bay and Montreal is surprising, but ‘so far ahead of us’ - Eduardo A. Encina, Tampa Bay Times
- Rays hope Alvardo avoids rehab games - Chris Haft, MLB.com
Around the League
- Atlanta Braves | What Girls Are Made Of :60 (Summer 2019) - Fantastic ad from the Braves.
- The Mets have a new pitching coach, and he’s 82 years old.
- Just when I want to walk away from baseball forever, you read something like this and realize you can’t quit this weird, stupid, silly little game:
After serious consideration, the 10 best names in college baseball this year— Baseball America (@BaseballAmerica) June 20, 2019
1. Itchy Burts
2. Zacchaeus Raspberry
3. Zebulon Vermillion
4. Bear Bellomy
5. Kona Quiggle
6. Mason Studstill
7. Cross Factor
8. Mojo Hagge
9. Alaska Abney
10. Maverick Handleyhttps://t.co/mfUri2uJUc