Last night, the Tampa Bay Rays losing ways continued as they fell, 9-6, to the Detroit Tigers. Blake Snell had overcome a rough couple of innings and appeared to be dominating until he ran into a buzzsaw during a fifth inning that eventually concluded Snell’s night on the mound, as he would give up a grand slam to Miguel Cabrera.
The positives for the Rays were low, but Avisail Garcia homered in his return to the lineup and Austin Meadows doubled. Willy Adames launched a grand slam of his own in the 8th, and that’d be it for the Rays scoring.
Tonight, the Rays will hope to snap their four game losing streak behind Charlie Morton.
News and Links
- Top MLB Prospects Hot Sheet (6/3/19) - Baseball America ($)
Lots of Wander Franco love in the Baseball America Hot Sheet
- Rays go college heavy on Day 2 of Draft - Juan Toribio, Rays Baseball
- Get to know Rays’ 2019 first-round pick Greg Jones through the eyes of his college coach - Josh Tolentino, The Athletic ($)
- Behind Enemy Lines: Revisiting the David Price trade with DRaysBay - Ashley MacLennan, Bless You Boys
- Rays’ Nick Ciuffo Out 8-10 Weeks Following Thumb Surgery - Steve Adams, MLB Trade Rumors
- Draft Analysis: One Pick We Loved From Each Round On Day 2 - Carlos Collazo and J.J. Cooper, Baseball America ($)
Rays 4th round selection, Graeme Stinson was the favorite from his respective round
Stinson was the highest pitcher we had rated, high school or college, in the preseason because of electric stuff. A potential 70-grade fastball and 70-grade curveball.
- Joey Wendle is on the comeback trail
- Others on the comeback trail...