- Rays get back to work: Diego Castillo, Ji-Man Choi set to return - Marc, Topkin, Tampa Bay Times: In their first series back in action, the Rays are set to see some key returns.
- Rays in prime position to make postseason push - Juan Toribio, MLB.com: The Rays had some ups and downs, but mostly they managed a slew of injuries, rain outs, and an incredibly tricky stretch to close out the 1st half in a position to challenge for the AL East and remain in control of their destiny to host the AL Wild Card game.
- ‘I’m finally home’: Rays’ Blake Snell opens up about his life post-Cy Young, why he’s comfortable in Tampa - Josh Tolentino, The Athletic: A fantastic profile piece on Blake Snell from Tolentino.
- What should the Rays do to enhance their postseason chances? - roundtable of Tampa Bay Times
- Rays top OF prospect Jesus Sanchez is headed to Durham:
- David Price’s beloved French bulldog has died: Five things to know about Astro - Frank Pastor, Tampa Bay Times: RIP to a very good doggo indeed.
- Lightning owner Jeff Vinik hopes the Rays stay in Tampa Bay — but would he buy the team? - Joe Smith, The Athletic
- Dodgers, Braves, Rays Interested In Matthew Boyd - Connor Byrne, MLB Trade Rumors: Erik and Chaim have been checking in with Detroit it seems, as Boyd becomes the third Tiger to be linked to the Rays “interest” (relief pitchers Shane Greene and Joe Jimenez being the other two).
- Beautiful video following up on that Rays fan who became the area’s “best big brother”:
Around the League
- Pitcher, Author, Everyman, Hero: Jim Bouton (1939-2019) - Jay Jaffe, Fan Graphs: Another wonderful, touching tribute to a truly impressive life, and man.
- Here’s 1 bold prediction for each team - Will Leitch, MLB.com
- Umpire Auditor with the worst called strikeouts of the 1st half:
- Jake Marisnick gets a 2 game suspension for the near decapitation of Lucroy
- Brewers Sign Shelby Miller To Minors Deal -Mark Polishuk, MLB Trade Rumors
- Jack White brings a big-league presence to sandlot baseball game in Hamtramck - Brian McCollum, Detroit Free Press: Musician Jack White is a huge baseball fan, and is doing his part to preserve some of baseball history.
- MLB’s new Trade Deadline rules explained - Anthony Castrovince, MLB.com: In a few weeks time, the new MLB “hard” trade deadline will be here.